Berkeley Immigration Law and Citizenship Attorney
At the Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, we know what it is like to go through the immigration process.
Most of the people working in our firm are either first- or second-generation Americans or naturalized U.S. citizens. Our understanding of immigration law-and of our clients’ needs-is both professional and personal.
Our California immigration law attorney has experience in a wide range of immigration, naturalization, and citizenship matters, including:
- Immigrant deportation and removal defense. We help people facing deportation for a variety of reasons including being illegal or out of status.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) forms. It is of the utmost importance that the information you provide on USCIS forms is truthful. If you are worried that a criminal conviction or something else in your background may stop you from obtaining citizenship, we have the knowledge needed to help.
- Political asylum. A person seeking asylum must apply within one year of his or her most recent entry into the United States. Absent exceptional circumstances
- Employment green cards and visas. We help companies and individuals obtain H1B visas, investment visas, treaty trader visas, religious worker visas, and other employment-based visas and green cards
- Family based immigration, green cards and visas. Sometimes the biggest hurdle to obtaining a visa for a family member is that the person already in the United States is out of status. We know what to do.
We are straightforward. We do not make promises we cannot keep, and we do not charge for services we cannot deliver. We work with U.S. citizens, non U.S. citizens, and legal and illegal immigrants.
If you need assistance from an immigration lawyer who is experienced, efficient, honest, and affordable, please contact us today for a free consultation. We can help:
- If you have overstayed your visa
- If you have previously applied for a green card and been denied
- If you started the process alone, without the help of a lawyer, and now you don’t know what to do
- If you are afraid to return to your home country but unsure whether to seek asylum
- If you have been convicted of a crime and are worried about what impact it might have on your immigration status
- If you want to apply for citizenship
- If you need help with Form 1-551
- If you are facing deportation
- If you divorced a U.S. citizen before you obtained permanent residence status
- Immigration law is complex. It can be bewildering, time consuming, and difficult to understand. At the Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, we know what to do because we focus on immigration law.
At the Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, we help individuals and families in California who are seeking to gain or maintain proper legal status in the United States. In addition, we have extensive experience in asylum offices throughout the United States and in U.S. consular posts abroad.
Whether you need an immigration lawyer for something simple or complex, please E-mail or call today and tell us about your situation. At the Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, we know what to do because we focus on immigration law.