DACA – Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals – Berkeley, CA DACA Attorney
Alameda County Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Lawyers
How do you know if you are eligible for DACA – Well, you may apply for DACA if you meet the following requirements:
- You were under the age of 31 years as of June 15, 2012
- You came to the United States before your 6th birthday
- You have continuously resided in the United States from June 15, 2007 up to the present time
- You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of applying for DACA
- You either entered the US without inspection (illegally) before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012
- You are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
- You have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety
- Additionally, you must have been under 31 years old as of June 15, 2012.
- You must also be at least 15 years or older to request DACA, BUT if you are currently in removal proceedings or have a final order of removal or voluntary departure, you may apply even if you are younger than 15 years.
Get your questions answered - Call for a free case evaluation today at (415) 391-6612